What Is Invisalign Treatment?
Invisalign treatment is an efficient way to straighten your teeth without having to put up with the hassle of traditional treatment options. It utilizes a series of custom-made, clear aligners that gradually shift your teeth into their desired position. Typically, patients need to wear their trays for 22 hours per day and switch out to the next aligner every one to two weeks. With each new set of aligners, you’ll be one step closer to a straighter, healthier smile.
Invisalign in New York has become a popular choice for many of our patients here at Gramercy Orthodontics. We’re proud to be a Diamond Plus Invisalign provider for our patients; that means that we offer more experience, training, and expertise to our patients. Contact our office today to schedule your complimentary consultation to learn more about this orthodontic solution.
Will Invisalign Fit My Lifestyle?
Absolutely! Invisalign is one of the most advanced and comprehensive orthodontic treatments available. It’s comfortable, removable, and virtually invisible! With it, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Subtle – With Invisalign, you can be yourself. Since they are clear, you don’t have to hide your smile while getting treatment. There’s no need to be self-conscious about taking pictures, making presentations, or going on that first date with Invisalign.
- Eat What You Like – Is it time for a snack? No problem. Take out your aligners whenever you want to eat or drink.
- Removable – Your Invisalign aligners can be taken out so you can brush and floss your teeth and gums regularly and keep them healthy.
- Easy To Use – With removable aligners, you can enjoy fewer lifestyle interruptions and still do the things you normally do, all while straightening your teeth.
- Effective Treatment – With Invisalign, you get the same results as with braces. It’s easy to make your smile picture-perfect for that special event. Invisalign treatments are quick and effective, and they fit into your schedule. Most visits are quick, with just a quick check-in on how things are progressing.
How Do I Best Care For My Aligners?
The best method to care for your Invisalign aligners is to keep them clean. You can accomplish this by brushing and rinsing your aligners with lukewarm water after each meal or snack. It is also critical to keep your aligners in their protective case while not being worn. Additionally, you should avoid using any cleaning solutions containing abrasives or chemicals on your aligners because they can damage them.
Is Treatment With Invisalign Painful?
Although most people report minimal pain when wearing Invisalign, some do report mild discomfort at times. Fortunately, this discomfort is usually mild and short-lived. Some patients report little discomfort as their teeth are pressed against the aligners when they move them into place. This discomfort is typically mild and goes away after a few days of using aligners. Aspirin or a cold compress applied topically may help alleviate the discomfort.
What Issues Can Invisalign Help To Correct?
Invisalign is an effective orthodontic treatment for the following conditions:
- Crooked/misaligned teeth
- Open bites
- Gaps in teeth
- Crowded teeth
Gramercy Orthodontics is proud to be recognized as a Diamond Provider of Invisalign in New York. Although all Invisalign providers are trained and certified, very few receive the status of Diamond Provider. Diamond status means our orthodontics team is in the top 1% of all Invisalign providers in the country. This puts our skill and experience at a level you can feel confident about.