Signs That Early Orthodontic Treatment May Be Needed
Our team at Gramercy Orthodontics is passionate about our younger patients! We love to see them grow into beautiful smiles and help them achieve optimal dental health. We understand, too, that at this age, self-confidence is a crucial element in their development. That’s why we believe it’s so important to begin orthodontic treatment early if needed. Of course, all children have different needs, but there are some signs that may indicate your child could benefit from early orthodontic treatment, such as:
- Early or late loss of baby teeth – Baby teeth typically fall out between the ages of 6 and 12, but if your child’s baby teeth are falling out too early (before age 6) or too late (beyond age 12), this could indicate that your child requires orthodontic treatment.
- Difficulties chewing or biting – If your child is having difficulty chewing food or can’t bite into their food properly, it may be time to seek expert help from an orthodontist.
- Crowded teeth – When teeth get crowded in the mouth, they can force each other out of alignment and produce misalignment. This might result in crooked, unevenly spaced teeth and difficulties cleaning and flossing.
- Protruding teeth – If your child’s top front teeth protrude more than usual, this could indicate an overbite or underbite that requires orthodontic treatment.
- Jaw discomfort or headaches – If your child complains of regular jaw pain or headaches, it could be due to a jaw misalignment that can only be corrected through orthodontics.
If you’re concerned about your child’s dental health and development, don’t hesitate to contact our team today for a complimentary consultation to explore possible orthodontic treatment in New York, NY! Our team will be pleased to answer any questions you may have and assist your child in achieving the smile they deserve.
What To Expect When Your Child Begins Treatment
Dr. Elaahi and Dr. Berk strongly believe in cultivating a warm, inviting, and positive patient-doctor relationship from the very first appointment. During your child’s first visit to our orthodontic office in New York, NY, our goal is to provide a thorough evaluation and discuss any treatment options that may be available. We make sure to always explain everything in detail to ensure both you and your child feel comfortable and knowledgeable about what’s happening every step of the way.
Once we’ve established a baseline assessment, we will develop a personalized treatment plan based on your child’s needs. Depending on the severity of your child’s case, we may begin treatment immediately or recommend waiting until further development has occurred. We want to make sure that any treatment we provide helps your child achieve and maintain a beautiful, healthy smile over their lifetime!
Life With Braces
Our team at Gramercy Orthodontics is devoted to helping children achieve beautiful smiles! We recognize the importance of creating a positive experience for younger patients and ensuring their comfort during treatment. Our team will fully review how to best care for braces and answer any questions you or your child may have.
While wearing braces, certain lifestyle changes are necessary to ensure your child maintains a healthy smile during treatment. Throughout treatment, we provide useful advice on caring for braces and maintaining good oral hygiene. This involves learning the dos and don’ts of eating with braces and tips and tricks for brushing and flossing. It is also essential that your child wears a mouthguard during specific activities, such as gym class and sports, to protect their mouth.
If you want to learn more about braces for kids in New York, NY, call our office today and schedule a complimentary consultation! We look forward to meeting you and your family!